Last year, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian posted a link to an article about the site on his Facebook wall. The post received more than 3,000 comments and was shared more than 50,000 times.
It turned out to be a big win for Reddit: The post garnered so much attention that it got picked up by major news outlets like The Huffington Post and Business Insider.
But not all stories are created equal. And that’s where Reddit comes in — it can help you tell your story in a way that resonates with your audience.
Reddit comprises thousands of communities called subreddits, each dedicated to a specific topic or niche (like anime, politics, or gaming). These communities are where users congregate to discuss and share content related to their interests. Often as part of a conversation around a single prompt.
Why Market on Reddit?
Reddit is a social news aggregation website where users can submit links and comments about content that interests them. For marketers, Reddit is a fantastic research tool to identify influencers, pain points, and content ideas from the subreddit’s user-generated content.
Reddit is a platform that hosts content published by a vast network of users. It attracts almost 164 million unique visitors monthly, making it a viral research platform. On Reddit, users can browse and read content posted by other users. This content can cover many topics, including news articles, recipes, tech advice, and more.
Any business that wants to succeed in content marketing needs a strategy. It means understanding your target audience, knowing what kind of content users want, and ensuring you’re creating and distributing that content in the most effective way possible. Reddit can be a handy tool for all of these things. This article will examine how Reddit can help grow your content marketing strategy.
How Reddit Marketing Works
By using Reddit, marketers can gain insights into the interests and needs of their target audience. Additionally, through content marketing practices, marketers can continually provide valuable information and advice to their followers looking
- Over 60% of marketers use blogs to stay up-to-date on industry trends. (Wyzowl)
- Sales management organizations are the most likely to rely on blogs for their sales teams, but organizations across industries use them in similar numbers. (Wyzowl)
- Content consumption is growing at a rate of 15% annually, and it’s expected to more than double by 2027. (HubSpot Blog Topics Report)
- Companies with less than 50 employees prefer written content formats over video formats, like webinars over email newsletters, which makes sense considering that only 40% of small businesses report having access to any paid online training or resources for B2C marketing. -SEMrush Blog Topics Report
The beauty of Reddit is that it is an open platform that allows users from all walks of life to share their thoughts and opinions on various topics. It enables marketers to find issues specific to their industry or niche and identify potential influencers within this field.
Once marketers have identified influencers and pain points in their field, they can begin crafting engaging content that meets these needs. Content that is well-written, concise, and relevant content will attract readers who may become advocates for your brand or product. By staying active on Reddit, you’ll ensure that your message reaches a broader audience than you would’ve otherwise.
How Reddit Can Help Grow Your Content Marketing Strategy
1. Write Useful And Helpful Content
Suppose you are a marketer looking to use Reddit as a research platform. In that case, you can post content that discusses how to identify influencers, pain points, and content ideas from the subreddit’s user-generated content. This way, you will provide valuable information to the Reddit community and hopefully garner positive feedback. By engaging with the subreddit’s users and posting quality content, you will likely build relationships with these individuals, which may lead to future collaborations or business opportunities.
When you’re thinking about the type of content you should be creating and submitting to Reddit, think about the questions someone would ask an industry expert.
- What are the most popular subreddits for your industry?
- What content ideas could you submit that would be accepted and receive a lot of upvotes?
- What topics do people in your industry typically discuss on Reddit?
- Are there any specific Redditors who are influential in your industry? And Can you reach out to them for advice or feedback?
2. Share Relevant Content To Subreddits
Here are some tips on how to share content relevant to specific subreddits:
- When writing for a subreddit, use the community’s language and tone. For example, if you’re writing about fitness, use terms that users commonly use in their discussions.
- Share user-generated content that is relevant to the topic of the subreddit. It helps promote engagement and conversation within the community.
- Share user-generated content to engage with other community members by commenting on posts, voting on submissions, and creating your content. It will help establish yourself as a credible source of information and improve your chances of being voted up (or down) by other users.
- Be aware of trends or topics that are gaining traction within the subreddit community. It can help you identify potential new content ideas or influencers.
3. Use Reddit as a research platform to Stay On Top of Trends.
One of the great things about Reddit is that it’s full of people talking about their interests and sharing information on everything under the sun. If you take some time to explore relevant subreddits (communities within Reddit), you can learn a lot about potential customers or clients, what kinds of problems they’re facing, and what type of content they respond well to.
One great subreddit to start with is r/askreddit, where users can ask and answer questions about various topics. You could also explore r/nosleep, r/funny, or r/news for examples of other popular subreddits that might be relevant to your target audience.
4. Try Reddit Paid Advertising
Paid ads on Reddit are available in several different options and formats. This means that advertisers can target specific subreddits and individual commenters within those subreddits.
Paid ads on Reddit offer brands several different options for promoting their products and services without having to pay excessive fees. By carefully selecting the right subreddit, designing an effective ad campaign, and understanding how Reddit works both technically and emotionally, marketers can reach a broad audience while remaining relevant and engaging
5. Be Consistent
If you create a post that attracts people within a community, make sure not just post and walk away. Take the time to respond to people as they comment on the post and ask questions or give you feedback. Respond the same way you would respond to comments on your blog posts or infographics. You can create an engaged community that will be more likely to share your content and recommend it to others. If somebody in the community has a question or suggestion for you, they are much more likely to reach out if you respond. It will create a more engaged community and increase the chances that people will continue to follow your blog or interact with your content.
You can check out our recent blogs for detailed information.
- Top 10 Benefits of Using AI Writing Tools
- Can predictive intelligence help you create content your customers will love?
- How brand strategists will get help using audience persona
The strategy of using Reddit is based on content relevance and value. To succeed with Reddit marketing, you must create valuable and relevant content that resonates with the subreddit’s community. This means understanding the culture of the subreddit and finding ways to tap into its interests and concerns. If you can provide quality content that is both entertaining and informative, your chances of success on Reddit will skyrocket.
Reddit is a robust platform that can help content marketers in several ways.
First: Reddit is used as a research tool to identify influencers and target audience members.
Second: Reddit can also be leveraged to assess customer pain points and understand what content would be most helpful.
Finally: Redditors are highly engaged with the site, making it an excellent place to share your content and grow your following.